Back to school is right around the corner and kids are getting prepared for a new year. Back to school may not be the same this year. Whether kids are going back to school or they are staying home, snacks are essential. Here are some back to school snacks that are perfect for school no matter the location!
Strawberry Banana Yogurt Pouches
- 2 cups of greek or plain yogurt
- I cup halved strawberries
- 1 ripe banana
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Using a funnel, pour the mixture into 6 zipsicles or pouches.
- Refrigerate for up to a week or freeze for 3 months
You can also try different combinations! Other options are Blueberry and Banana, Cherry and Vanilla, Blueberry and Lemon, and Strawberry and Blueberry! If your child is going back to school you can freeze them and place them in their lunch boxes!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Yogurt Fruit Dip
- 1 cup of greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Fruit for dipping
- Stir together yogurt and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Serve with apple slices or other fruit for dipping. Pretzels would be great too!
This is a quick recipe to eat at any time of the day! It’s perfect for lunch or an after school snack! It even makes eating fruit more fun!
- 1 apple cut into thin slices
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter, melted
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 handful of chocolate chips
- Arrange apple slices on a plate.
- Drizzle melted peanut butter over apple slices with a spoon, and do the same with the melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle the handful of chocolate chips over the plate as a topping.
What a better way to make nachos healthy! These are perfect after school snack and they’re fun!
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of peanut butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 11/2 cup jam of choice
- ⅔ cups salted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 by 13 by 2-inch cake pan. Line it with parchment paper, then grease and flour the pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light yellow, about 2 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Spread 2/3 of the dough into the prepared cake pan and spread over the bottom with a knife or offset spatula. Spread the jam evenly over the dough. Drop small globs of the remaining dough evenly over the jam. Don’t worry if all the jam isn’t covered; it will spread in the oven. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and cut into squares.
This is an easy snack that can last a while! It can be used for breakfasts and snacks at any time of day!
Back to school can be stressful especially during these times! Making these recipes will make going back to school easier no matter the situation!